Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Jim

I'm not sure how to start. I don't know what to say. I haven't posted in awhile because I couldn't post about Emma before posting about Jim. For those of you who don't know him, Jim is Sarah's dad. I've known Jim for almost 12 years. I don't exactly remember if I met him in Indiana during our freshman year or if it wasn't until, I went to California to visit Sarah for the first time. I'm guessing it was the latter. Sarah and I were roommates for 7 years. She was Made of Honor in my wedding. She has come on vacations with my family. She was with us at the hospital for Emma's first surgery. To say that she and her family are close to my heart would be an understatement.

When I made the decision to move to San Jose instead of New York after college, Sarah's parents, Jim and Margaret, welcomed me into their home until Sarah and I found our own apartment. They let me borrow their car to go to school during the first weeks of the school year before I was able to buy my own car. Jim and Margaret made a place for me at their dinner table as if I were part of their family. Jim, Margaret, Sarah and Holly were my family when I was away from my own. They are still family in my heart. They are good people. Loving, compassionate, honest, good people and I love them all.

Last week, after several days of being in the hospital, waiting and waiting for answers as to the reason fluid was collecting in Jim's abdomen, his family received the news they had hoped they wouldn't receive. Jim was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer which has spread to his liver. I don't know what the treatment plan is if there is one. The news is devastating.

I haven't know what to do since I got the news. I want to be there for them, but I don't know how. I don't know what to say. It's just not fair. I want to fix it, but I know I can't. So, at least for now, this is may attempt to do something. I'm asking you to please pray for Jim, Margaret, Sarah and Holly. Pray that their is hope for a treatment plan. Pray for their family to have some strength and peace while dealing with this. Pleas just pray. If you are involved in a prayer chain at church, perhaps you could put their family on it. Please help me in surronding them with love and prayer.

Jim, Margaret, Sarah and Holly - You are in my thoughts, my prayers and always my heart. I love you all! May the Lord watch over you and hold you close during this time.

1 comment:

Christie said...

I'd heard that Jim was in the hospital, but I never heard the actual diagnosis. I will definitely keep the family in my thoughts. If you want me to pass anything on to Margaret for you, please let me know.
Christie