Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Ability to Accessorize

I'm not totally sure, but I think we've entered into a phase in which playing dress-up is king (or queen, as the case may be). As of late, Emma is often found wearing random articles of clothing. Just this morning, in fact, Emma coaxed Daddy into putting her snow boots and winter coat on over top of her fleece, 'feetie' pajamas. I think she thought if she had the gear on, she'd get to go outside. Sorry, lovebug. Not at 8:30 in the morning in March!

Anyway, last week, I posted the picture of her coloring in her winter hat while wearing pajamas. Yesterday, at 'art class', I peeked over at her and saw her very enthusiastically pounding her paint brush on a plate of glue with a little boy her age while very nonchallantly wearing a floppy, red, wide-brimmed, old lady-ish hat atop her head like it was something she wore everyday. I'm not sure I've ever wished that I'd had a camera more in my life than at that moment. It was one of the most adorable and perfect things I've ever seen. Apparently her aversion to hats has come and gone.

Her ability to accessorize is emerging at a young age it would seem. Sometimes, she's looking for just the right pair of shoes (usually mine) ...


... a fun pair of flats (ignore the fact that they need to be polished)
... a good pair of clogs - a staple in a young mom's wardrobe


... or just the right pair of boots for a night out
or for a slightly more sophistocated occassion

Sometimes the accessories, as I mentioned, come in the form of head pieces ...



... perhaps your uncle's new black hat


... or maybe a lobster claw head band
(especially appropriate if you live so close to maine)
And, sometimes, it all comes together for the perfect look ...
... the shoe (when your feet are so small you really only need one)
... with a hat - backwards baseball caps are a favorite around here -
and a puffer coat
... and a pair of star-shaped sunglasses to pull the look together!
I mean, does the girl know how to accessorize, or what?

4 comments:

adam said...

OMG!! seriously, that is SO darn cute!!!!!

miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Emma is just too cute! I think she needs a purse or two. :o)

BTW, I still love when her hair was crazy and she put on your vest and looked like Volturri...priceless.

Miss you guys! If want to escape the cold...come to CA!

Sayward said...

i LOVE when spencer disappears into her room for about 10 minutes and she comes out with the BEST outfits on! last week, she came out in a wonderful dress up outfit...carrying 6 purses... :)

Fit Force said...

I can't believe how big she's gotten. She's going to be tall and making all the other girls jealous!