Friday, May 14, 2010

Thank You!

 Last weekend, I celebrated my 2nd Mother's Day and walked in the March of Dimes walk for babies.  Although it was cold and rainy, the walk was a success.  I wish I had better pictures to share, but the rain kept us in tents and didn't allow for a lot of picture opportunities. 



The 'Hatch Shell' along the Charles River. The Boston Pops perform here on the 4th of July, but last week it was center stage for the Boston March for Babies.
Emma sensed that there were doctors and nurses around her and so, true to form, she was in tears.  We were in tight quarters in the NICU reunion tent and I think she was a little overwhelmed, but I joked with a few of the NICU staff that we knew that scrubs or no scrubs, she knew who they were.
The NICU grads were given these stickers to wear.  Emma was not happy to be wearing it, but I was proud to show of my NICU Grad!
I'm not sure how many people walked, but it was a lot.  I was sort of in the middle of the pack, and I couldn't see the front. It was more touching than I expected to be walking in the rain with so many people who were strangers to be, but that I was connected to through this walk and what it supports.

I thought it was sort of fitting that we saw this group of geese while we walked.  Families of all kinds walking together.

Rain or not, it's still a beautiful scene.  I took this after the walk as I walked across the Harvard Bridge to meet Emma and Jeremy at MIT.
Because of the rain, Emma didn't walk with me, but she was much happier anyway playing in the rocks outside the student union at MIT with Jeremy.
Thank you so much for all the support in this walk. It took a little courage to do it, but I'm so glad I did. I was blown away by everyone's generosity.  I initially set a goal of $200.  When family members covered that almost immediately, I realized I could do more.  I set a new goal of $850 - $100 for each of the 8 1/2 weeks that Emma stayed in the NICU. On the day of the walk, I handed in my sponsor sheet with a grand total of $1,090!! So thank you for the donations!  Thank you for the all the prayers when she was sick!  Thank you for caring about Emma, Jeremy and I, and our families!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I didn't know that you were doing the walk this year. I loved doing it last it, is was very emotional...I am glad that I got to experience it though. Talk soon! Stacey