Friday, June 24, 2011

June

June has flown by.  I can't believe it's already June 24th.  Jeremy came home at the beginning of June after a mini family vacation to Bedford Springs Inn, a resort in Bedford, PA.  Since Jeremy has been around and hasn't had to work, we've been busy.

Emma and Ellie on the porch outside our beautiful room at Bedford Springs.

Enjoying a little of the evening on the swing in Bedford.

Getting ready to make S'mores.  We ordered kits through room service and then they set up a fire just for us!

The S'mores were delicious, but the activity was short lived.  Emma was not as into as we hoped she would be.  Plus it was a little weird with just the three of us around this huge fire.
The beautiful Bedford Springs Inn - I enjoyed an amazing prenatal massage at the spa!  Jeremy surprised me with the Mommy To Be Massage as a belated Mother's Day present.  It was heavenly! I can't believe I've never been to a spa before or had a massage!  I'm definitely going again!


After our little trip, Emma went to Children's Corner at our church.  It's kind of like school, but for kids under 3.  It's run by the pre-school she will attend in the Fall.  She loved it!  I'm not really surprised.  She's very social and loves learning.  I did think she might have a little trouble being away from me for 2 or 3 hours since she's barely ever even had a babysitter, but my fear was unfounded.  She barely said goodbye to me.

Since Children's Corner went well, I decided to give Tiny Tots camp at the Y.  She went Tuesday and Thursday for the last two weeks and again had a blast.  If it weren't for wanting to focus on potty training this week, I would sign her up again.  Maybe at the end of July when I'm exhausted and we're waiting for Baby Cate to arrivek we'll five it a whirl again.

Speaking of Baby Cate, Emma went to a Sibling class at the hospital where I will deliver.  It was just for 2 and 3 year olds.  They learned to diaper and feed baby which I'm sure she'll be able to do all by herself as soon as Cate arrives!  They also took us onto the Postpartum floor so they could see the room Mommy and baby would be staying in before coming home.  I don't know if it helped her at all, but it was cute.




Here she is giving her pretend baby sister a bottle.  She also helped me put the little diaper on.  She seemed to love the baby, but wanted nothing to do with the baby doll she brought with us

This past week, Jeremy's parents came to visit for a few days.  Since they probably won't make it back for Emma's birthday due to the fact that they will be back shortly after that to see Cate, we decided to do something special to celebrate with them.  Last summer, we took Emma to Idlewilde Park and Story Book Forest.  She loved it and has been talking about it for a year! So we decided to take her again there while Grandma Helen and Grandpa Barry we're in town.  It was hot and tiring, but Emma was in heaven!
With her buddy, X the Owl.  We got him last year at Story Book Forest, but she had to take him this year on her ride through the Neighborhood of Make-Believe.

Trying out a desk in the little school house.  Doesn't she look like the perfect little student?


Trying to remove the sword from the stone


Making some wishes in the wishing well

After a long hot day, Emma enjoyed her first - very large - bowl of chocolate soft-serve. So yummy!


In baby news, I will be 34 weeks on Monday!  I can't believe I'm getting so close, but at the same time, it still seems so far away. I have begun going to the doctor twice a week for Non-Stress Tests.  I just sit on the exam table for a half hour or so with a monitor on my belly to check the baby's heartrate, movement and to make sure I'm not having contractions.  So far so good! I did have to have a biophysical profile last week because Cate was very sleepy and not moving much.  Once they did the ultrasound, she woke up and past her test with a perfect 8 out of 8!  I had another ultrasound on Wednesday to check growth.  They estimate that she weights about 5 1/2 lbs!  Above average for sure.  I'm not surprised though. 

Overall, I'm feeling better than I did in the first two trimesters, but my pelvis hurts ... a lot.  I'm starting to get into nesting mode.  In fact, at the moment, I'm boiling bottle nipples and pacifiers!  I know she'll be here before we know it.  I'm just hoping Emma's 3rd birthday comes and goes before she makes her entrance!
Me and my belly and 33 weeks

On a final note,  just a little update on potty training.  We are progressing well with the use of the potty!  When at home or running errands with us, Emma wears underwear all day with the exception of nap and bedtime.  When she goes to camp, Children's Corner or the nursery at church, she wears a Pull-Up.  Telling us that she has to go is not her strong suit, so if we're not around, we take precautions.  She hasn't had a pee accident in at least a week, although pooping is a bit of an issue.  I know it will come with practice though.  She even wake up dry many mornings!  We're not quite there, but feeling good about where we are after only 2 weeks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girlfriend!