Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A Year Starts Now

Yesterday (Monday), Jeremy left for Diego Garcia.  Dropping him off at the airport was surreal.  I can't really wrap my head around him really being gone for so long.  If I have this much trouble understanding it, I can't imagine how Emma feels.  Maybe that's good thing though. If she doesn't understand how far away he is and how long he'll be gone, maybe it will be easier for her to enjoy each day. If I don't think about it, I'm fine, so I'm just going to take one day at a time. So far so good! 

I miss him already.  He hasn't landed yet and doesn't have an international cell phone anyway, so I don't know when I will hear from him.  I don't like not knowing where he is.  I know his plane should land in Hong Kong soon though. Then he goes to Singapore and finally Diego.

So the time is here.  The anticipation has been building.  We haven't wanted to get to this point, but we are happy to get started so we can get to the end.  On the other hand, we have a lot of great things to look forward to in between, so we're going to make the best of it.  A year starts .... now!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HELEN & myself miss him already. I think the best thing is to stay busy with positive things and hopefully the year will pass quickly. We also miss you, Emma and Cate.

Barry & Helen