I don't understand, and will never understand, why some babies get sick. It's not for me to understand, I suppose. God has his plan. Just as we are starting to get on with life after Emma's illness and surgeries, another friend is sitting in a hospital room worrying about her little one. It just doesn't seem fair.
My good friend Sayward - you may have read some of her extremely supportive comments on my blog - has a 3 year old daughter, Spencer. Yesterday, she and her husband Matt took little Spencer to the ER after she complained of her legs hurting. They soon noticed that one leg was swollen and the other foot was also starting to swell. From what Sayward wrote last night, the doctors suspect something called HSP. I've read that it is very rare and occurs most often after a respitory infection and is somewhat of an allergic reaction to whatever is causing the infection. I believe it can have other causes too. I don't know that that is the official diagnosis, but that was the last I heard. Sayward said that they would at least be spending the night at the hospital. HSP has a wide range of outcomes from what I read about it, but for most it's a fairly easy recovery with no lasting effects.
Sayward has been so supportive and such of source of strength and encouragement for me while we have been going through our ordeal, sending us prayers constantly and even asking that her friends and people in her church pray for Emma. I don't know if I can reach as wide an audience as she was able to, but I have to try to return the favor. It really isn't a favor as much as an act of love and friendship for which I am very grateful. Please help me return the love by praying for Spencer, Sayward and Matt - for Spencer's health and Matt and Sayward's strength!
PS I know Sayward just posted a blog about it so please click on the link to 'The Elliott Family' on the right side of my blog. Sayward much better explains the illness.
No comments:
Post a Comment