In the month of December, we have now had 4 snow storms. Maybe storm isn't right word, but we've had a significant amount of snow 4 times.
After the first one, I decided it really was time to get Emma some snow boots. Then the 2nd round of snow came along. Though I hadn't used the boots yet, I decided it was time to buy a snow suit and a 'snow coat'. I didn't think her cute little pea coat was going to do the trick in the snow! So off I went in search of a snow suit -Carter's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's - nothing. Well nothing that was A) in her size, B) cute, or C) not ridiculously priced. I decided to try Target and there I found a light pink 'snow bib', bright pink puffer coat and an adorable pink ear flap hat that looked like a cat. Perfect! Still, snow storm #3 showed up and I left all our new gear sitting on our kitchen table. When #4 came through this past weekend, I decided if I didn't get her out in the snow, she would outgrown her new snow boots before she got to wear them.
So taking advantage of the fact that Jeremy was home and outside shoveling, I bundled her up and headed out the door. (Ha! I make it sound so easy! At least she's still in diapers because if she'd told me she'd had to go potty, her snow clothes would still be sitting unused.) Conjuring images from the movie 'A Christmas Story', Emma stumbled around the house and the yard like the Michelin Man unable to move any one part of her body very much. Her new boots didn't help the situation. Have you ever tried walking in ski boots? I imagine that she was feeling just like that ... unble to bend her lower leg except at the knee. Walking is hard enough, but getting up when you fall is nearly impossible. It's amazing how much you need the ability to flex your feet and move your ankles!
Anyway, here's how it went ... with some commentary from Emma:
Mommy and Emma, ready for some snow fun!
"Oooo, What'sth thisth?"
She says very matter-of-factly.
No problem. Well just get you back up and try again.
Getting the hang of it.
('guck' = stuck)
She says with an edge of panic in her voice now.
She tumbled again and got a face full of snow.
She says now in apparent agony.
We went in after this picutre was taken, which was all of about 5 minutes after we came outside. She was all too happy to take her snow clothes off. I'm not sure Emma liked her snow day, nor am I sure we will have use her cute pink snow gear again. I am, however, quite sure she like it better than last year's trip into the snow.
December 2008 - Emma's first trip into the snow.
1 comment:
aww, too cute!! glad she enjoyed it...at least for a little while, anyway! :)
Post a Comment