Sunday, March 20, 2011

Bowling

We took Emma bowling yesterday.  Jeremy and I used to play in a league when we lived in Virginia and have always enjoyed it.  So in looking for something a little different to do together, we decided Emma ws old enough now to try bowling.  We went to our local lanes planning to play a game of regular bowling and ended up doing candle pin.  Skinny pins, tiny bowling balls the size of a grapefruit.  I was annoyed at first, but it was better for Emma and, in the end, better for me in my current 'state'.

Looking adorable in her tiny bowling shows! She loved them and kept dancing in them.
 I think she would like a pair of her own.

Candle pin balls made it easy for Emma to get and carry her own ball.

Then she put in on this little ramp to help it go down the lane.  She tried to throw it once, but Jeremy had to go down the lane to get because he didn't think it was going to roll all the way down.


Watching her ball hit all but 1 pin!

Look closely at our score board. Emma is in blue, beating both of us by about 10 points!
 It was like that the whole game up until the last frame!
 Sure she used a ramp and bumpers, but J and I also used the bumpers so it was a pretty fair game!

Emma loved bowling and wanted to 'go back to bowling' all day long!  I think we found a new family activity!  In the end, I got a spare in the last frame so Emma and I tied.  Jeremy also had a good last frame.  Emma and I beat Jeremy by 3 points - 75 for E and I, 72 for Jeremy.

No comments: