*Be Warned! This post is a little gross.*
Well I was going to just post a short little "I'm halfway done!" post today, but in the midst of my excitement of having 20 weeks or less of my pregnancy, it finally happened.
Emma threw up for the first time. Ugh! Okay, maybe not the first time. She did throw up quite a bit of formula on our drive to Pittsburgh after her last surgery, but this was her first real puke! I just mentioned the other day how we've been so lucky to avoid the utter joy of a stomach bug as it pertains to Emma Bean.
I think we must have eaten something bad last night. I suspect the delicious mini-watermelon Emma and I consumed because it's the only think I can think of that Emma and I both ate and that Jeremy didn't. Oh, did I forget to mentioned that I was sick too? Yep. I went first and just as I was settling on the couch to watch Real Housewives of Orange County around midnight, I heard crying that progressed to screaming. I dragged myself upstairs and just as I reached the landing, I thought I heard it happening, but couldn't quite believe it. There it was though, Emma on her knees in her crib puking allover her beloved elephant 'Ellie'.
I picked her up, not quite sure what to do, and carried her to the bathroom where she threw up again. I stood her up in the bathtub still not knowing what I was doing, praying that she wasn't going to puke more! I stripped her down, called Jeremy to help me clean up, and washed up what I could. It's amazing how my own feeling of needing to puke just sort of disappeared when I had to take care of her. Good to know!
As soon as Emma was cleaned up, she was fine. She kept asking why she got sick, but she was ready to play! At 2:30, after a few episodes of Special Agent Oso and Caillou while waiting for Ellie to get out of the dryer, Emma went back to bed and slept until 8. She woke up this morning bright eyed and bushy tailed! Thank God I think we're both fine. Still nursing juice, popsicles and crackers I procured on a 4:00 trip to a convenience store (I couldn't sleep!), but I'm so grateful it wasn't worse!
So yeah ... fun stuff! Oh by the way, I'm 20 weeks today! Halfway! Or by Emma's standards, only 15 weeks to go. Oh! And tomorrow is our big ultrasound ... if all goes well, there should be a Boy/Girl post tomorrow. He or she has been kicking and squirming away lately. Can't wait to see it on the u/s!
1 comment:
Oh-what fun. We have had our fair (or rather, unfair) share of that over the last few months. Last year Todd, Helena and I all had the bug, literally, simultanously. While it was disgusting it was almost humorous. Will we see you in Boston before you move?
Debbie
Post a Comment