Monday, April 4, 2011

STRESS!

Holy Moly I'm a little stressed! Our movers are coming in 3 days! Have I done anything to get the house ready?  Not so much.  Well actually I have pulled all the baby stuff out of the basement and all the bins of Emma's baby clothes.  We've taken stuff off the walls and patched holes, but that's about it.  It hasn't really hit me that we're leaving.  We will only sleep here 5 more nights! Jeremy's parents were here this weekend for their last visit!

On the one hand, I can't believe it's only 5 more nights.  It's sad to be leaving it all behind.  This our first house and, while we will still own for a few years, it's hard to believe another family will be leaving here.   On the other hand, I just want the next few days to fly by.  I hate being in limbo.  Once I decision is made, I just want to move on.  I'm looking forward to seeing my family.  I don't want to be away from Jeremy, but there are a lot of good things coming for us too.  I know my stress level will go down when I'm safely in the comfort of my parents' house.

I've been stressed about this pregnancy too.  My blood pressure is really high when I go to the doctor.  Nothing new there.  It's fine when I'm home though.  I seem to have a little thing called 'white coat syndrome'. I can't breathe and am a little shaky all day on the day of an appointment. Although, I've felt good overall about this pregnancy and the chances that it will all turn out the way it's supposed to, the last fews weeks have been stressful when it comes to interpretting the doctors and nurses opinions about my blood pressure.

 I went for one last visit today.  I was initially freaked out that she wanted to see me again because I was sure it was in response to my elevated blood pressure.  I've been in a few times in the last two weeks just for blood pressure checks.  The nurse I have been seeing lately has been less than reassuring or detailed in her explanations of the doctor's plan. Anyway,  I went today with a feeling of dread.  The doctor was so nice though. She took her time with me.  She was friendly and tried to distract me a little so I would calm down. She was just awesome. I feel so much better!

Yes, my blood pressure is high when I go to the office, but thanks to the awesome graph my dad made to show the pattern of my readings at home, she was able to see that the high readings are isolated to doctors' visits.  She said everything is great otherwise and all we're concerned with is monitoring my blood pressure.  Not because she things it's indicitive of another problem.  Just because it's sometimes high.  Baby's heart rate was great! She was moving all around and kicking the doppler.  The doctor kept commenting on what a mover she is.  I left feeling much better and reassured that things are not, at least at this point, headed down a scary path as I feared they might be.  Ahhhh ... sigh of relief.

So at least some of the stress is gone.  Now I can just worry about saying goodbye to friends and getting the house ready for Thursday.  Nothing major right!

No comments: