Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's November??

I can't believe it's already November! Where has the time gone? I remember, when Emma was still in the hospital, thinking that time was passing so slowly. On the one hand, I was missing her life because we were so confined and restricted, especially in the beginning, when we were in the NICU. On the other hand, we couldn't imagine that we would ever get past that part of our lives. That was July. (And August. And September.) But now it's November! Not only is it Fall, it's almost Winter! Those times seem so far away. They almost don't seem real! It's amazing realizing after time has passed how quickly it has gone.

My mom was in this weekend. It was a short visit, but we really enjoyed ourselves. She arrived Friday night and got to see Emma in her bunny costume. Saturday afternoon, we left Jeremy at home with Emma so she could take me to lunch in the city followed by shopping. Lunch was lovely! No luck shopping, but it was nice to be out. I missed Emma, of course, but knowing she was at home with Jeremy helped me to just enjoy being out without a stroller. We came home to find that Jeremy had a tiring day since Emma didn't want to sleep all day. We spent the evening in trying to get Emma to nap. Once she finally did, I began making dinner. As usual, she was wide eyed within a few minutes. We finally brought her swing in the kitchen while we ate. Thank goodness she likes her swing now! It's a lifesaver!

This morning, Mom, Emma I had a little playtime. She was in a very good mood! Laughing and smiling more than I've ever seen. Mom made silly faces and made Emma's bunny give her kisses which made her squeal and wiggle in delight.

Later we decided to give Jeremy a break and take her shopping with us. Our mission was to get a Bumbo seat. I really wasn't into them and hadn't thought of getting one, but it seems all of the other babies have them so we decided she should have one too. Plus I realized it would be good for her head.


I think she was a little tired at this point and couldn't quite hold herself upright.

For one, it will help keep her upright which helps with the shunt and keeping fluid collection to a minimum. It will also be good so that she isn't laying on one side of her head. I've been a little worried for awhile that the left side was getting flat since she usually sleeps on that particular side. Her hair seems to be a little shorter on that side and not as full which might contribute to my fear that her head is not as round as it should be. Anyway, I'm not sure she likes it yet, but I think she will as she gets used to it.

This weekend made me realize how much she has changed even in the last month since my parents were here last. She laughs and 'talks', holds her head up, looks all around, stands on our laps, can sit up with support and is very into her sucking on her hands and anything that she might get ahold of.
She certainly isn't my tiny little newborn anymore. She has her own little personality and amazes me everyday!

1 comment:

Sayward said...

i LOVED the bumbo! especially when she starts to eat solids, but she's not "solid enough" for her high chair...that's where the bumbo comes in great! also, if you and jeremy plan on any sort of "southern vacation", it's great for poolside and what not. we took that thing everywhere!