Sunday, November 9, 2008

Same old, Same old


I wish I had some witty story about parenting or some cute little take about something amazing Emma has done, but, alas, I don't. I can't believe I have posted an entry since Thursday! Just not much to say I guess. Emma continues to do well. We've really kind of figured out a pattern that works ... most of the time. She eats, we play and she sleeps. Then we do it again and again and again! It's simple and might seem obvious, but she really has just started to get over needing to be held all the time. She still likes to cuddle when she's tired, but she has learned to be quite content playing on the floor.


I've noticed that she seems to be moving out of her excessively fidgety phase. She still likes to squirm, but it seems a little more controlled and deliberate. Her legs are often still or her curled up close to her tummy, no longer in CONSTANT motion. She has learned to kick the bars that go over and play mat making all the toys swing and jiggle. Tummy time still fails to be a source of enjoyment, but it's getting better. I still can't imagine how we all used to sleep on our tummies. I'm told we did though. Emma would not be a good sleeper if she had to sleep on her tummy. She rolled over a few more times the other day from tummy to back and then today she rolled from her back to her side. Not all the way over yet, but I think that's coming soon!
One minute she's on her tummy.
The next she's on her back!

Her Zantac seems to be working. We've been testing different doses lately. Dr. Sullivan said she could go between two different doses. We started on the higher one. I wasn't sure it was making a huge difference, but when I switched to the lower one, she didn't seem to be eating as much. We're back to the higher one which has helped her settle into an eating
pattern. She eats 4 - 5 oz every 3 hours. It's a little more frequently than I'd like, especially since it includes a middle of the night feeding, but I don't think she can eat a lot at one time. I guess sleeping through the night didn't work for her. Hopefully, it will again soon.
We've been enjoying our break from doctor's appointments although then it means there isn't much to report. We have a big one this week though! Tuesday she has her 4 month pediatricians appointment which I'm looking forward to. Wednesday is neurosurgery ... which I am NOT looking forward to. I just don't know what she'll say. I'm hoping it's good, but I'm trying to prepare myself in the event that it isn't. Well, whatever happens, happens.

Yesterday, we went Christmas shopping all day in Boston. Not the best day as far as whether, but it didn't rain and it was fairly warm so Emma and I braved it. We didn't find everything we were looking for and had to trapse all over the city, but it was good exercise for me and good sleeping for Emma. She even got several compliments from a few adoring grandmother-types and even a guy!

That's about it I guess. I feel like I often start a post by saying there isn't much to say, but then end up writing several paragraphs. I'm sure there not always very interesting, but hopefully, someday Emma will look through this wanting to know what she was doing 1 week shy of her 4 month mark.

1 comment:

andrea said...

i am dying over that first pic! look at the expression on her face and those big eyes! sooo cute!! glad you guys are all doing well, especially little emma!