Friday, September 26, 2008

Rainy Day

Today it rained all day. I think it's the first day since Emma has been home that it was too yucky outside to go anywhere. I was going to take her to the grocery store this morning, but how do you take a baby to and from the car in the rain without getting her wet? I guess an umbrella would work, but I usually need both hands for the car seat. Anyway, we just stayed at home this morning instead and cuddled up for a little while. I decided to allow myself to be lazy this morning and watch a movie. I did eventually get up and tried to be productive.

I tried to schedule her surgery today, but there was a lot of miscommunication. First, I thought they were going to call me, but when I didn't hear from them, I called and was told that they were expecting me to call. Then when the doctor's assistant called me back - he was too busy when I first called - he said he had to look at the schedule and 'steal some OR time'. About an hour later, he called back and said that there had been a miscommunication and the assistant of a different doctor was supposed to get her file and schedule the surgery, but she was gone for the day. He said she would call me on Monday to set it up. Now, I'm not in a huge rush to have it done, but I don't want it to continue getting worse because they couldn't do any scheduling outside of the typical office hours. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter that much. It's just frustrating ... as usual. I think the surgeons at Children's are wonderful, but their office administration leaves a bit to be desired. Who am I to critize though?

So now our little Emma is snoozing. She's resting up for the arrival of her grandparents. My mom and dad are mid-flight, actually they're probably beginning their 'final descent' into Boston. They've seen Emma a few times, but this is the first time since her shunt was placed and the first time since she's been home. We're very excited! She's changed so much even in the last week. I can't wait for them to see her!

No comments: