Yesterday, I felt Emma was a little sleep deprived. Today she is certainly making up for it. It started last night after her last feeding. She ate around 8:30 and we put her to bed around 9:30. She fell asleep quickly and Jeremy and I soon followed. Usually, I set the alarm on my phone for about 4 to 5 hours from her last bottle. I have some irrational fear that she is going to sleep too long and starve. Why I'm afraid of that, I'm not sure. Emma has always been one to be sure everyone knows when she is hungry. Last night, I forgot to set my alarm. I woke up to a whimper and some stirring sounds. I peeked in and sure enough, Emma was awake and looking hungry. I looked at the clock and it was 3:30! I expected her to wake around midnight. I jumped out of bed and took her down to feed her. Now I realize, most moms with newborns at home would be thrilled to get a stretch of sleep that long, but I'm still getting used to having her home and not hooked up to monitors that let me know that she is breathing and her heart is beating.
She went back to sleep for a few hours before waking up to eat again. The whole morning was sleeping and eating. She even slept in her real crib for an hour or so!

When she woke up from that nap, I gave her a bath and again it was followed by a nap.

I thought for sure I'd be spending the afternoon playing with her and trying to keep her happy. I even had an outing in mind in case she needed some entertainment. I know I said I wasn't going to leave the house today, but I just couldn't stay in. So after lunch, we went on a trip to Michael's and Babies 'R Us. She fell asleep in the car seat before we even got out the door and continued to sleep even after we got home.
She did finally wake up to play a little this evening, but after downing 6 oz. she is now sleeping in Jeremy's arms once again.

I'm now fearing that she will wake up soon, ready to eat, but will not want to sleep until the wee hours of the morning. I guess I forget how much she slept when she was in the hospital. I just wish I could find some medium ground!
1 comment:
I wish I could see you guys again! Was that a real binky and not the teal hospital one that I saw in one of the pics? :o) Emma looks so adorable in all the pictures. I still need to send you the pics from camera...I'll do it tonight.
Miss you guys!
Sarah
Post a Comment