Friday, September 5, 2008

Baby Shoes

Nothing major happened today. She couldn't get in for the MRI, so she'll probably have it tomorrow. She did have an ultrasound which was the same as the one the other day. It's good, but at this point doesn't mean too much. So since there isn't much to report ... here's something silly and light hearted!

Some of you may know that I have a little more than a love of shoes. At times in my life, I may have been a little obsessed. Not to the point where I spent ridiculous amounts of money on a pair of shoes, but I'm always looking for exactly the right pair. Who cares how comfortable or practical? If they look good, I'm sold. I also am quite a fan of baby clothes. Now I haven't gone overboard with Emma just yet, but if I had it my way, she'd have every adorable thing from Janie and Jack, Baby Gap and Ralph Lauren. So it should come as no surprise, that a love of shoes and a love of baby clothes should breed a love of baby shoes! Now I realize they may be the most impractical of all shoes, but sometimes they are just adorable! I bought Emma a cute little pair of green ballet flats with flowers and a pink bow from Janie and Jack. She also has a few outfits that match them. Since she has been in the hospital for so long now and since the hospital is definitely not the place for baby shoes, she hasn't had a chance to wear them yet. Fearing that she would grow out them before she arrived home (She's about to top 10 pounds.), I took them today to try them on. Oh, they were adorable! Thankfully they are still a little big, so they should still be wearable for awhile. Please forgive her if they are slightly out of season. She kept kicking them off, but I tried to take a few pictures with them still in place.



Upon Emma's arrival, our neighbor gave us a gift box full of tiny little socks in all colors that looked like little ballet slippers with ribbons that lace up the ankles. I also took a pair of those today to try on. She hasn't even worn a pair of socks yet. For one thing, her feet are just so cute, I hate to cover them up, but also tiny little socks would be hard to keep track of in the hospital. They were a little big, but I thought they were hysterically cute. 'Aunt' Colleen also bought her a couple pairs that look like Mary Janes. I think we'll try those next. I guess if you can't wear shoes, why not wear socks that look like them!

*Note:I know it appears that Jeremy is plugging her up, but I asked him to sit her up and he was afriad of the binkie landing on the floor like so many before it.

I hope she grows to love shoes as much as I do! What fun we'll have shopping for shoes!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now all she needs is a pair of baby reefs! They even come with little staps on the flip flops so they don't fall off....I'll have to find some for next summer.

adam said...

oh, i have a feeling that you will teach her to love shoes as much as you! and why am i not surprised that emma has shoes from janie and jack! you're such an adorable mother! :)

Anonymous said...

Erin, you're blog is so articulate and informative plus sharing you and Jeremy's view,after Emma goes home, you might consider saving it and copy for NICU nurses as it might be helpful for other parents going thru all this.
Also I think a parent's magazine might publish it.

The baby just gets cuter every time I see your photo,s.

Best to the 3 of you.
lv jn Gump

Sayward said...

i really like the idea of printing up your blogs and giving them to the nurses, it would be SO helpful to future parents who go through this. what a blessing it would be for them.

oh...and i was a HUGE fan of the "fake" shoes. spencer had a number of pairs of those socks. another GREAT pair of shoes to invest in are robees. spencer had a million pairs of those, and they were FABULOUS, and really cute!