What a busy day we had. We started out walking the Freedom Trail through Boston. We started at the Bunker Hill Monument, walked down to the USS Consitution, continued on into the North End and ended up in Boston Common. It was almost a 3 mile walk. We all enjoyed it and Andrew and Jen got to see some really neat parts of Boston. Upon our arrival to Boston Common and the Public Gardens, we found a shady spot under a tree near the duck pond and had a picnic lunch. The only thing that could have made the morning better would have been having Emma with us.
After our adventure, we went for a visit with Emma. She had already eaten, but was wide awake when we arrived. I picked her up and talked to her a little and she flashed me a smile! I think it was a real, honest smile! It was different than the other smiles we've seen. It melted my heart. She even started to coo a little! She was like a differernt baby. She looked huge today too. I don't know why, but she looked like a 4 month old.
We did some Tummy Time with her and some other play time. She pulled her knees in, got her feet going and turned her head from one side to the other and back during TT. Then we dangled her cow in front of her and she followed it with her eyes from one side all the way to the other! Usually she stops in the middle. She even reached for it and held it when we put it in her hand!
So many big steps today! It was amazing. I layed her on my chest at one point and she really lifted her head for quite awhile. She really seems to be doing everything she is supposed to be doing. I just wish she were doing all these things at home. She spent about 2 and a half hours awake today which is longer than I've ever seen.
When we got home we watched video of Emma's first days. We just can't believe how much she has grown and changed! She looks so different! Below is a video of Emma yesterday. She was very excited and alert. I didn't get her to do any tricks, but it was fun just to watch her wiggle around and look at her cow. Please forgive my poor camera work!
We ended the day with a visit from Keith, Stacey and their 2 kids. It was a nice relaxing evening. They are always lots of fun to be with. It was a busy day, but a very good day. I just can't wait until Emma can be part of it all!
No comments:
Post a Comment