Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Here We Go Again

With Emma not coming home on Monday and having to have another spinal tap, we felt like we were back to square one. The last two days have gone by quickly and have been normal (at least, our version of normal) and we haven't had to worry about anything. But tomorrow, Emma has an ultrasound to see what effect the spinal tap had. I'm more nervous for the results of this ultrasound than any of the other ones she's had. I don't really know why, but I'm very anxious. If all goes well, we'll be back to watching and waiting. So here we go again. I wish I could see into the future and know how this will all turn out. I can't though, so we'll just have to keep praying and being patient!


Sadly, my mom has to go home towmorrow after being here for two weeks. It's been so nice to have her here to distract me, support me and take care of me. I know she has to get back to her life though. Thank you, Mom, for being a wonderful mom to me and teaching me how to be a the best mom to Emma that I can be!



Emma had a sleepy day today. Her room was very warm today and I think there must be some correlation to how much time she spends sleeping and how warm her room is. I know when I'm there, the warm temperature makes me sleepy. She's had sleepy days other times when her room is very warm. I'm going to start keeping track! Does that make me crazy?? Of course, maybe she just likes to sleep when we are there and then parties all night! Great! I can't wait to stay up all night with her when she comes home! Hopefully, we can get her days and nights on track. Aside from being so sleepy, she was still great today. She ate a lot as she usually does.
She is about 9 lbs 2 oz now and 22 inches long -- almost too big for her bassinet -- and taking the prize for the biggest baby in the NICU. They are now allowing us to have her off her monitors when we are there with her. It's really nice to have her unattached for a little while!

Hopefully, I'll have good news tomorrow!

No comments: