Today, Grandpa Birnie came to visit. We don't have a nickname for him yet, but we're trying out Mac. That's what his grandpa was called and he's always liked it. We think GiGi and Mac are kinda cute. We still need to figure out Grandma and Grandpa Leghorn's nicknames. What we choose may not matter though. Once she learns to speak, I'm sure she'll have her own way of greeting them. Emma was a little sleepy when my dad got there which made him sleepy, but everyone rallied later in the afternoon.
I braved Tummy Time on my own today! At first, she just stuck her butt up in the air, but when I took away her binkie she got pissed and turned her head from one side to the other! If you don't have a newborn, especially a preemie with the hospital course that Emma has had, you may not understand how exciting this is, but it makes us very proud! I also tried giving her some toys to touch because one of her nurses was teaching Jeremy that we should give her differnt textures to feel. We've tried having her touch my hair, face and shirt. We actually think she smiles on purpose when she touches my face. We know it is early, but she does it at very appropriate times. Anyway, today I tried to give her a plastic ring with bumps on it, among other things, to feel, but as you can see, she fell asleep. Oh well, we'll try another day.
Tomorrow, we have to finish a few things around the house that we keep putting off, but this may actually be our last chance to get everything perfect for her so we need to get our butts in gear. We're praying that we aren't finishing things up for nothing!
1 comment:
Jeremy and Erin,
You guys are amazing. It's midnight and I realized I didn't check my daily blog today. I'm so glad I did. It sounds like it was a good day for you and your family. Hopefully you will have real good news soon and tell us that Emma is home. Keep the positive attitude you guys have and we pray that things will all be fine. We will miss you today at Kelsey's party but hope your day goes well. Give Emma a kiss for us.
Love you,
Sherri and Glen
Post a Comment