It's amazing what a good night's sleep can do! All day yesterday, I had a sick feeling in my stomach because Emma wasn't coming home with us yet. The longer the evening went on and I was away from her, the more anxious I became. I decided to call the NICU and check on her and speak to her nurse, Danette, who is one of our favorites. She said she was doing well and we talked along time about my frustrations and Emma's conditions. I felt much better and was able to go to bed and sleep well.
Today, Jeremy went to the hospital in the morning as he usually does. Emma's nurse asked Jeremy to go to rounds with him which we've never done before. He was a little intimidated, but it was a sign that our care givers are doing everything they can to make us part of her care. Two of Emma's regular nurses got together and decided to advocate for us. They asked if it was possible to let Emma come with us and do her ultrasounds and spinal taps (if needed) as outpatient procedures. Unforunately, they said no, but we were so happy to have them ask and present our case for us. We actually are not that upset they said no. We'd love to have her home, but not if it isn't the right time. Plus it's just nice to know something for sure so we aren't wishing and hoping. I can't express how wonderful her nurses are. She has a team of primary nurses and they are all so loving not only to Emma, but to us also. They have been trying to think of any possible way they can help us feel connected to Emma and to make our lives easier. They have gone above and beyond what they need to do. We are blessed!
While Jeremy was at the hospital, Mom and I went shopping and just enjoyed the morning. It was a nice to for us to be together and not focus so much on Emma not being home. I'm so thankful she has been here. My mom is amazing and has been so strong during all of this. While I'm trying to be strong for my little girl, she is being strong for her little girl and her granddaughter! She's wonderful. She really takes care of me and it's kind of nice to just be her little girl and let her take care of me.
After our shopping trip, we went to see Emma and had a wonderful afternoon with her. She was very awake and alert. She makes the most adorable faces and is so much fun to watch as she takes in her surroundings. We just can't keep our eyes off of her! We put her in another new outfit today. She looks so cute in real clothes rather than her hospital t-shirts!
This may not be the way we want it to be, but this is our situation, so we deal with it and make every moment count!
2 comments:
Jeremy and Erin,
Glad today was a better day. The pictures are adorable. Emma is so cute. I know you want her home but at least she is getting great care from her nurses. The support you are getting is wonderful and we all know Emma will be home soon. Stay strong, everything will be fine. I think of you all the time and pray that Emma will be healthy enough to be home with with you soon. You guys are great parents! You have lots of great days ahead of you, just think positive.
Love,
Sherri
We keep watching and waiting... Hoping for the best for all three of you!
-Jonathan, Kimberly and Teodora
BTW, great to see pictures of Mr. and Mrs. B!
Post a Comment