I love the age Emma is right now. It's hard work, but worth it! I love watching her change, although, I don't usually see it right away. I love seeing her learn and discover new things. I love how tiny her little hands and feet are. I love when she falls asleep on my chest and then snuggles up even closer in the crook of my neck. I love her smiles and her little squeals of joy. I just love her. I'm a little sad also that phases are ending. She's starting to grow out of some of her clothes. She can no longer fit in Newborn size diapers. She doesn't look like a newborn anymore and some of it I feel like I missed out on when she was in the hospital. I am cherishing every little thing about her, but I can't help looking forward to things that are coming up.
I really can't wait for every phase of her life. I can't wait until she starts to giggle. I can't wait until she starts to walk. I can't wait until our first conversation or to hear what her voice will sound like. Her first day of pre-school. Having tea parties and playing dress-up. I can't wait to take her on outings to the zoo or picking pumpkins. I look forward to doing art projects and cooking with her. I look forward to kindergarten and homework. I just can't wait to see who she becomes.
Okay, really I can wait. I don't want her life to go by too quickly. It's so exciting, though, to think about all the wonderful things we have to look forward to!
1 comment:
With Kiersta, I thought each and every phase was the best, but then the next phase would begin and that one would be even better. I am particularly enjoying the phase we are in right now. Just Kiersta and I went out to dinner the other day and it was just delightful! I admit that there have been times that are harder than others, and I am happy to be done with, but it really just continues to get better and better. Enjoy every minute, though.
Christie
Post a Comment