I was going to start this post by saying that Emma spent her first night away from home. Then I remembered that that's not true. She spent 8 1/2 weeks away from home. So instead I will say that she spent her first night in a hotel!
Yesterday, we drove to West Hartford to visit Jeremy's parents. We decided we should try traveling without being too far away from home. Emma snoozed for the whole 2 hour drive. Something about the car just puts her in a deep sleep. She even continued sleeping for a bit once we got there.
In the afternoon, we checked into our hotel. We looked quite ridiculous with all the bagagge we had considering we only stayed one night. With a stroller, clothes, bottles, diapers and a pack n' play, Emma adds alot! I set up the Pack n Play adding all her diapers, a little toy and her pj's to make a little home away from home for Emma. Thanks goodness for Pack n Plays!
We headed back to Grandma and Grandpas where we spent time with Uncle Sean and Uncle Brendan too before we all headed to dinner. At the restaurant, we pulled an extra chair up to the table, set Emma's car seat on it and she sat right at the table with us!
She slept very well in the hotel that night proving to us that she is indeed a baby that can travel. She kept the crying to a minimum so I don't think that we disturbed any other guests which was our main concern. We even had time for a little Tummy Time which she seemed to tolerate much better being up on the bed instead of the floor.
Before heading back to Boston today, we had lunch at a nice restaurant called Max's Oyster Bar. Again she fell asleep in the car on the way over, stayed asleep on the walk to the restaurant and to our surprise slept through the entire meal! We were all shocked. I think all the voices in the restaurant were like white noise to her lulling her deeper and deeper to sleep. She didn't wake up until we were back at the Leghorn's! At the Leghorn's, Grandpa held Emma for the first time! We were all very proud of him.
This weekend, Emma proved once again that she is better behaved when we're out and about than she is at home! I guess we'll have to move into the Courtyard and spend our days at stores and restaurants!
No comments:
Post a Comment