I have come to think that I will never understand my little one. Things she used to love, she now hates. Things we think she'd hate turn her crying off like a switch. For example, Jeremy and I took turns trying to calm the tantrums this evening. We thought trying to get her to burp, rocking her and holding her close would soothe her. Instead, when we stood up and walked around the house with Emma up over our shoulders. Just picked her head up and looked all around like she didn't have a care in the world. Then we put her down on the little changing table on her pack n play while she was screaming. Instantly she stopped screaming and started smiling. We decided to test it so we picked her up ... tantrum resumed. Put her down - quiet and smiling. I don't think I'll ever understand her!
I'm tired now, so here's a few pics from the last few days.
Story Time!
Father-daughter bonding.
Look, Mommy! I can stand up!
Smiling at the ceiling, as usual. Who knows why!?
I can't believe how long she is!
Nap time
Look! I can hold a rattle!

I
said fly away Mr. Parrot!
Happy with her paci.
She actually picked her paci up although I think it was by accident. She even tried to put it in her mouth, but was unsuccessful.
2 comments:
Erin, she is more adorable every single day! Really. I'm not saying it, just to make you feel nice. She's so beautiful!
And, as for "figuring her out", good luck. Just when we thought Spencer would be in a rhythem, it would all change. All...the joys of a newborn! :)
that kind of behavior goes on and on. For ex one day U might give her applesauce, she likes it and so you continue for a few days. The minute you get tons of applesauce in the house she will dislike it. This is how children teach parents to be flexible. lv jan
Post a Comment