Sunday, October 19, 2008

I Can't Win!

Wanting to go on another family adventure, I decided to go to a town named Rockport. My mom told me that a friend at church likes to visit the seaside town when they are in the area. I googled Rockport, MA and found a website for the charming town. The town calendar listed today as one of the days for the town's Harvest Festival! Hooray! Just the Fall activity I've been looking for! I thought that we might even get the pumpkin picture of Emma that I'd been hoping for. I dressed Emma in her Halloween shirt, jeans and a nice cozy sweater knowing it was a bit chilly today. We jumped in the car and headed up to Cape Anne.

When we arrived in Rockport, we realized it was a bit chillier and windier by the water than it was down in the city. No problem. We brought a blanket for Emma and closed her up with both hoods in her stoller so the wind couldn't get to her. The streets were lined with charming little shops and art galleries. It was a quintessential New England seaside village. What I didn't see was a lot of evidence of a Harvest Festival. There were a few tables here and there, but not the booths full of crafts and art that I have come to expect at a Harvest Festival. We continued up the narrow streets toward the ocean. The wind blew harder and our cheeks and hands got colder. I noticed a cute little pumpkin hat in a store window and decided that Emma needed it since it was so cold. Plus it would make her pumpkin picture even cuter.


Pumpkin hat in place ... which she did not enjoy, by the way, we walked all the way up to end of 'the neck' where the ocean was full of white caps and the wind was blowing so hard, I could hardly push the stroller. Still no real evidence of a Harvest Festival. There were a few cafes offering pumpkin pastries and apple cider which Iwas tempted to indulge in, but since I'm going to Jenny Craig tomorrow, I resisted. We did think that the town was beautiful and in the right weather, we'd love to explore it again. I didn't get my pumpkin picture though and after an hour we were on our way back home. Yet another idea of mine that didn't turn out quite right. I can't seem to win!

Not satisfied with our trip, I decided we should go to this little store that sells flowers and has a nice little market and bakery. In the Fall, they sell pumpkins. It wasn't what I had in mind, but I knew there would be rows of pumpkins lined up on shelves. Plus, the pumpkins we bought the other day are already rotting, so we need some new ones. Emma was asleep the whole time. I did try to prop her up in between a few of the pumpkins, but she was too floppy so it didn't work. I settled for a picture of the two of us standing in front of them.
At least, we finally got one.


Emma slept through most of our adventures today, but she had a good day. She seems calmer and less uncomfortable. Her head looked much better when we got home this afternoon giving us more hope that it is going to heal properly. The icing on the cake is that the Zantac seems to be starting to work. She had two great feedings - 5 oz and 6 oz - with minimal crying! She ate quickly and didn't fight so much. Thank goodness. I hate worrying that not only is my little peanut in pain, but also isn't getting enough to eat. Hopefully, she'll be back on track soon!

No comments: