Yea for good news! I don't want to say too much because I'm afraid of getting too excited, but we did get a good report today. Emma had an ultrasound around 7:3o this morning. We were hoping to hear that her ventricles hadn't gotten bigger. They didn't! We would've been happy to hear that they hadn't changed, but they actually have gotten smaller! She was supposed to have another spinal tap today to check her white cell count and to relieve pressure, but the neurologist said she didn't need it today. They've scheduled another ultrasound for Thursday. At that point, the will decide when and if she needs to be tapped. We aren't out of the woods yet, but we are on the right path. We are all being cautiously optimistic. It may take a couple more weeks to determine if this is all going to clear up, but we're okay with that if it means we can avoid surgery. Again, we don't want to get to excited, but we seem to be on the right track.
Thank you so much for everyone's love, support, warm wishes and prayers! They have meant more to us than you know. Please continue to pray for her!
4 comments:
Awesome! I'm so glad to hear that about Emma...I've been thinking about all of you all day.
i came across your blog through sayward's and wanted you to know that i am keeping emma in my thoughts and prayers. i hope that you continue to receive positive news!
congratulations on becoming a mommy - it is the best job in the world!
take care.
emily (hottenstein) reilly
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! We'll keep on hoping for more news like this!
Lots of love from Portland!
Erin and Jeremy,
First of all, Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. I just got back from being with my new grandson, Silas and Alysha and I were catching up on Emma's situation. You all have been in our thoughts and we hope that the recent good news postings keep on coming!Cant wait to meet Emma,
love to you all, Jan & Rick sixsmith
Post a Comment